PRP may be a new and promising arena in hair growth and rejuvenation treatment. Simple and cost-effective, PRP may be a feasible treatment option for androgenic alopecia, with high overall patient satisfaction.
Hair loss or baldness affects up to a staggering 80% of men and 50% of girls during their lifetime. Though common, the condition is that the source of hysteria for several people and intrinsically , has been linked to low self-esteem and depression. in need of a surgical hair transplant which may be a fairly extreme measure, treatment options are frustratingly elusive – so far .
The evidence from research so far is stacking up. Just last year, experts reviewed the results of twelve different studies, and therefore the conclusion? PRP demonstrated therapeutic effectiveness for AGA in over 83% of the tests.
How Is PRP Administered For Baldness?
- PRP treatment for baldness is a two-step process:
- A patient’s blood is drawn, after which the platelet-rich plasma is separated from the red blood cells via a centrifuge.
- The Platelet-rich plasma is extracted from the collected blood and re-administered to the affected areas of the scalp via multiple tiny injections.
- Each session typically takes about hour .
Are There Any Side Effects Of PRP Therapy For Hair Loss?
There are no significant adverse effects related to PRP therapy for baldness. What you’ll experience is tolerable but temporary discomfort during treatment, a light headache, itching, slight swelling, and peeling or flakiness of the scalp.
There’s still tons to find out about PRP for the treatment of hair loss, and it remains the topic of continued research and scientific testing, but results thus far are highly encouraging.
Who Can Have PRP Therapy for Baldness?
- While there aren’t any explicit recommendations, there are a number of people who will experience the simplest results. Such people include:
- Men and ladies who’ve experienced natural thinning and balding
- Men and ladies with location-based hair loss (such because the temples and crown)
- Men and ladies who are overall healthy.
- PRP is inherently safe, using 100% employing a patient’s own blood cells (known as ‘autologous’) removes the danger of an allergy or rejection. It’s suitable for all skin tones and safe for pregnant or breastfeeding patients.
- The best possible thanks to tell if PRP is true for you is to form a meeting for a free consultation with one among our experienced cosmetic nurses at La Fameux Derma. Their commitment to a typical of excellence ensures you’ll get not only the simplest opinion but the simplest care also .